Welcome to Blue Holic Scuba
Your go-to destination for scuba diving and freediving in Los Angeles. Our team of certified PADI instructors is committed to providing systematic and safe dive training and instruction in English and Korean. We believe that small class sizes are key to ensuring a personalized and enjoyable experience for all our students.
At Blue Holic Scuba, we offer a wide range of services to cater to all your diving needs. From equipment sales and rentals to repairs and maintenance, we've got you covered. Our team is passionate about diving, and we want to make sure that you have everything you need to enjoy this incredible sport.
And we're more than just a dive shop. We're a community of divers who share a love for the ocean and all its wonders. At Blue Holic Scuba, everyone is welcome, regardless of age, nationality, gender identity, or race. Our goal is to create a welcoming and inclusive environment where everyone can come together to share their passion for diving.
We believe that the ocean is one of the most beautiful and mysterious places on Earth. And while we may only be able to travel to a fraction of the world's destinations, the ocean represents 70% of our planet waiting to be explored. So why not take the plunge and join us on an adventure into the unknown?
Whether you're a seasoned diver or just starting out, we invite you to discover the magic of the ocean with Blue Holic Scuba.
MEET THE TEAM: YOUR FAVORITE BLUEHOLICS!
Owner of BHS | PADI Instructor #412510| NAUI Instructor Trainer #55166
Main Language: Korean
- Harry Jung started Blue Holic Scuba in 2015 with the goal of building a bridge between internationally-minded scuba divers and fostering a scuba diving community in Los Angeles.
- Harry's diving experience started from the Korean Marines Corps in South Korea. 35 years later, Harry is now a NAUI Worldwide Instructor Trainer as well as a PADI Instructor, and has groomed more than 50 divers into professional scuba professionals and instructors.
- With the Blue Holic Scuba community growing exponentially, Harry has dreams of expanding BHS into the OC in the coming years.
David "Dae-Wui" Jung
PADI Course Director & TECH Trainer #254877
- Dae-Wui is a Marine biologist, a PADI Course Director, and a PADI Technical Diving Instructor Trainer.
- He has been studying the taxonomy of Nudibranchia (Gastropoda: Mollusca), reporting many undescribed nudibranch species from South Korea and the United States. He loves to see animals all around the world.
If you have any questions about animals, don't hesitate to ask him!!!
PADI Instructor #422079
Main Languages: English, French & Spanish
- Keline started diving at the young age of twelve years old. To Keline's despair, her mother was always trying to get her to do a sporting activity during holidays. One day, the hotel brochure in front of her face, the words Scuba Diving seemed to beam off the page. With glee -and her mother's approval of course!- she started her lessons right then and there.
- Thirteen years and hundreds of dives all over the world, Keline found her joy at Blue Holic where she keeps inspiring people to love diving and sharks as much as she does.
PADI Instructor #422080
Main Languages: Korean, English & Chinese
Favorite Dives: Oil-Rig Dives
- Michelle's love for the ocean was inspired by Disney's Little Mermaid. Michelle earned her PADI Open Water when she was 16 in Singapore where she grew up.
- Michelle worked towards being a PADI instructor because she wants to inspire more women to dive as well as to encourage people to experience the ocean and want to protect it.
- When she is not working or diving, Michelle is camping or hiking with her rescue dog, Kylo.
PADI Instructor #440866
Main Languages: English & Vietnamese
Favorite Dives: With You
- "An avid lover of nature, and all thing scientific; Son enjoys the world through natural lenses.
- With the vast uncovered earth, just a few arm strokes away; he finds pleasure in getting wet and going deep.
- His love for the ocean began, as a Seaman, in the Great White Fleet. Where he traveled the world's oceans as a Submarine Warfare Specialist.
- Today, he spends time engineering a carbon free future, in a race to protect wild inhabitants, from the devastation of humanity."
Main Languages: Korean
Favorite Dives: Warm Water Diving
- Mr. Myung came to Blue Holic Scuba with the intention of getting over his biggest fear: the deep blue.
- Within one year, he not only got over his fear of the water but fell in love with it!
- Hundreds of dives later, Mr Myung now helps us teach Korean divers and helps them get over their fears by sharing his own experiences.
- Mr Myung is by far Blue Holic Scuba's biggest success story!
Go En Seo
Main Languages: Korean
Favorite type of dive: Night Diving!
I fell in love with the beauty of diving 7 years ago by accident. From the first experience, I was hooked.
- After exploring many Korean diving points as well as overseas diving destinations - I realized I wanted to capture these beautiful sea moments through a photo, which I enjoy taking.
- The experience of diving with just your eyes is amazing, but imagine being able to remember that moment at a later time.
- Seeing the beauty of the ocean brings a sense of protectiveness.
Blue Holic's Newest PADI Instructor!
Main Languages: English
Favorite Dives: Anytime I see something new!
- Gabi grew up in Northern California and spent much of her time in Kauai as well. She doesn't remember learning to swim, but always remembers being in the water! She has always loved the ocean from the cold waters of California cold to the Hawaiian tropics!
- She has always loved snorkeling and dreamed of scuba diving one day, and once she tried it for the first time, she knew it was more than a dream!
- When not in the water, Gabi loves adventure, travel, art, cooking, dancing, laughing, and her rescue dog Thor (who is usually helping her at the shop too!)
and don't forget our little turtle mascots, Blue and Holic!
We hope to see you soon!!