About Us

Blue Holic Scuba is a five-star Scuba Diving and Freediving center that also hosts a welcoming local dive community. Our certified PADI instructors keep class sizes small to provide systematic and safe dive training and instruction in English and Korean. We also sell, rent and repair dive equipment. The Blue Holic Scuba Community is open to everyone!
Even if we are able to travel around the world, we can only enjoy 30% of our wonderful planet. The ocean is the remaining 70% that is mysterious and beautiful, and waiting for you to explore. Come adventure and jump into the unknown world with us at Blue Holic Scuba

MEET THE TEAM: YOUR FAVORITE BLUEHOLICS!

Harry Jung
Owner of BHS | PADI Instructor | NAUI Instructor Trainer
Main Language: Korean
Specialties: Freediving, Spearfishing

Harry Jung started Blue Holic Scuba in 2015 with the goal of building a bridge between internationally-minded scuba divers and fostering a scuba diving community in Los Angeles. Harry's diving experience started from the Korean Marines Corps in South Korea. 35 years later, Harry is now a NAUI Worldwide Instructor Trainer as well as a PADI Instructor, and has groomed more than 50 divers into professional scuba professionals and instructors. With the Blue Holic Scuba community growing exponentially, Harry has dreams of expanding BHS into the OC in the coming years. 
_______________
David "Dae-Wui" Jung
PADI Course Director & TECH Trainer

Dae-Wui is a Marine biologist, a PADI Course Director, and a PADI Technical Diving Instructor Trainer. 

He has been studying the taxonomy of Nudibranchia (Gastropoda: Mollusca), reporting many undescribed nudibranch species from South Korea and the United States.

He loves to see animals all around the world. 

If you have any questions about animals, don't hesitate to ask him!!! 

_________________
Daniel Lee
PADI Instructor |  NAUI Instructor
Main Languages: English and Korean
Favorite Dives: Wreck and Night Diving
Daniel is living proof that even a non-swimmer can be a scuba diver. He learned how to scuba dive in 2007 to challenge himself even though he did not know how to swim. Slowly but steadily, Daniel became comfortable in the water and fell in love with being underwater so much that he became a PADI scuba instructor to share his passion with other ocean-loving people. Daniel's philosophy in diving is that scuba diving is not a sport of competition but a sport of assimilating with nature. His dream is to dive all over the world including Antarctica.
_______________
Keline Kanoui
PADI Instructor
Main Languages: English, French & Spanish
Favorite Dives: Wreck and Night Diving
Keline started diving at the young age of twelve years old. To Keline's despair, her mother was always trying to get her to do a sporting activity during holidays. One day, the hotel brochure in front of her face, the words Scuba Diving seemed to beam off the page. With glee -and her mother's approval of course!- she started her lessons right then and there. Thirteen years and hundreds of dives all over the world, Keline found her joy at Blue Holic where she keeps inspiring people to love diving and sharks as much as she does. 
_______________
Joseph Riggs
PADI Instructor
Main Language: English
Favorite Dives: Spearfishing & Deep Diving

Joseph was born in the United States but grew up in South Korea when his father was stationed in the United States Army at Uijeongbu Camp Red Cloud. Eleven years ago he moved to Los Angeles where he started his professional career in Property Management while nurturing his skills in business management, Certified Property Manager, and Certified Occupancy Specialist. His weekend passion is scuba diving and showing new divers a different world underwater. When not in the water, Joseph enjoys going to the shooting range, having a couple of beers and relaxing at home. He is a proud owner of 2 Maltese dogs (mother and daughter) who keeps him company when he is at home.

 _______________

Michelle Sham
PADI Divemaster
Main Languages: Korean, English & Chinese
Favorite Dives: Oil-Rig Dives
Michelle's love for the ocean was inspired by Disney's Little Mermaid. Michelle earned her PADI Open Water when she was 16 in Singapore where she grew up. Michelle is working towards being a PADI instructor because she wants to inspire more women to dive as well as to encourage people to experience the ocean and want to protect it. When she is not working or diving, Michelle is camping or hiking with her rescue dog, Kylo.