The diving here is world class with everything to offer from kelp forests to gorgeous rocky bottoms. Visibility at the islands averages 50 feet and can exceed 100 feet. Swimming through a kelp forest is spectacular. Many compare the experience to flying through a forest of trees with fish instead of birds. Most trips will yield 3 dives.
Catalina Island Scuba Dive Trip Highlights
- Departs from Marina Drive in Long beach at 8AM and returns around 4:30PM.
- All trips are full, single-day trips and include three unguided dives!
- Leave the picnic basket at home. Meals, drinks, and snacks are included!
- Let the boat rock you to sleep! We have bunks below deck where most take a snooze on the way to and from the island for the 2 hour ride.
- Three unguided dives off of Catalina Island.
- Air fills are provided on the boat in between all three dives.
- All drinks, snacks, and breakfast
- A warm homemade lunch (We try to include fresh fruits and greens and vegetarian selections. Please advise of us of special dietary needs and preferences ahead of time)
- Tanks: Choose from 85cf low pressure steel or standard 80cf aluminum tanks (some larger and smaller tanks available by arrangement).
Sundiver Boat Features
- The fastest dive boat for large groups, this boat can accommodate 22 divers per trip and travel at 22 knots.
- Trips to Catalina Island take just a little over 1 hour instead of 2+!
- This 48 ft. custom dive boat has a 16 ft. beam and is powered by twin 450 hp Caterpillar engines.
Scuba and Snorkel Gear Rental
All rental gear can be included for your trip at an additional cost. Please call the shop at (323) 641-7416 to inquire about rentals.
Departing Address : 182 N. Marina Drive Long Beach, CA 90803
Ship Name : SUNDIVER
Boarding Time: 6AM
Boat Departure Time: 7:00AM
NOTES + RESTRICTIONS
All payments are non-refundable. If you need to cancel your reservation and you can contact our office seven full business days (one week) before your trip departs, we can offer rain check redeemable anytime in the subsequent 12 months
Please ensure you enter correct contact information on the payment screen as trips are often subject to change. We cannot dial international numbers, so if you are traveling, please provide an accurate email address as this is the only way you will be notified of trip changes.
Seasickness medication is recommended before departure. Also it is worth noting that we may have some spearfishers aboard.
We require a minimum of 1 day in advance to book this activity online. Alternatively, you can contact our office directly (323-641-7416) to inquire about short-term bookings.